Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Deccan Advocate - Recent Avatar

I was actually quite skeptical when I came to know that Advocate, the iconic FP from Deccan Pens, Hyderabad, was getting a makeover... and when I actually saw the Advocate in its new avatar, I felt the new look given to this grand pen looked nice and apt...I didn't feel anything out of place and it says a lot about the people at Deccan Pens who gave this new look...

I bought my first Advocate around 6 years back and that one is still my cherished pen, and after that for a couple of years, I saw the same design at Deccan...then they couldn't get the exact ball clip and had to change the clip, which was still a ball clip, but was not as sharp as the earlier one...I was not too happy with that clip...and now they have got a different kind of flat clip, which I feel fits the shape of the pen, of course, all these are subjective views...and this time, the ripples made all the difference to the pens...I saw the new Advocate in all ripple colours...light brown, dark brown, and dark green...I had bought a light brown one earlier and I gave it to my cherished friend...I should have taken pictures of the amazing ripples on that pen...the dark brown is kind of low on the ripple factor, but the green too is great when it comes to ripples... I thought I'd take some different pictures...here they are...














4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful, thanks for Sharing. It is amazing how Deccan have managed to keep the Advocate true despite the changes forced upon it due to unavailable clips, material etc.

The rippled avatar is gorgeous.

Best
Hari

Anonymous said...

Hi Sir,

It's awesome...
Advocate from deccan pens after make over looks good still...
You are increasing your collection a lot these days.

Again thanks for sharing the pics...
If possible also share the pics of your books collection...I always try for a sneak peek on what's under the pens...

Parker's spencer novels are in good number in my collection...

Again thanks for sharing pics...


Regards
Ex-Anchor ASTI

Anonymous said...

Thanks Sir for the beautiful write up,
Deccan Advocate is my fav too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jay,
I liked your photos (and some good books!).
I can now feel the kind of love for Advocate you and Hari share.
Best,
Abhik